About this site
This site would not be possible without quite a bit of awesome open-source technology, and some fantastic services. Here’s the breakdown:
- Hosting is with Heroku.
- Mail services provided by FastMail.
- DNS by DNS Made Easy.
- Data is stored in PostgreSQL.
If you’re interested in the code that runs this site:
- You can take a look at the actual Django project (minus sensitive settings, of course) which is running here. It includes my blog app, and the app which lists my open-source projects.
- My contact form is powered by, appropriately, django-contact-form.
- Typographic niceties come from typogrify, and everything is formatted using Python Markdown.
- Code sample formatting is courtesy of Pygments.
- CSS framework is Bootstrap.
- The rest of my typography comes from Google Fonts: Montserrat, PT Serif, and Cousine.